Friday, August 1, 2008

Demetra "Reed"opoulos (aka Donna Reed)















We are 31 days into parenthood and I am still trying to be the Greek version of Donna Reed! I actually am enjoying every minute with Kathryn - spoiling her with my attention and playing "fashion show" with all her clothes. She's still so tiny that most don't fit yet. Kathryn is doing great - she loves to play with her Leap Frog Caterpillar that plays Bach, Beethoven, Vivaldi and Mozart. She also enjoys sitting in her Rainforest Bouncy chair. Most of all she loves being in Mommy and Daddy's arms. She's a good eater (in fact lately she's in the middle of a growth spurt and has been eating every hour on the hour!) and has started to sleep 4 hour stretches through the night. And with the eating comes the burping...and boy can my girl belch! She sounds like a college fraternity boy after a case of beer! I never would have imagined a sound so loud could come from something so tiny?
We haven't ventured out too much -I had to run some errands at the Town Center last week and my Mom came along to help. I have never dashed into a store so fast to purchase something...my days of perusing through the shoe aisles at DSW are LONG GONE! But it's all worth it.
Kathryn and her friend Katelyn have had two play dates (both of which the girls slept the entire time so it really ended up being a play date for the Mommies!).
As you can imagine - every minute of our day is filled and so it's been tough updating the blog, returning phone calls and emails. I do apologize if I haven't returned your call/email but promise to do so soon! Kathryn sends her love and looks forward to meeting you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, such a bright-eyed, cute little baby doll!

"Granny Ninny" (Morty)
p.s. YOU look great Mom!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bright-eyed baby girl! I know that you and Milton are just so so proud! Maria you look wonderful as always....talk to you soon. Nora

Jennifer said...

Beautiful...beautiful!!! Mommy and baby look awesome!!