Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our precious miracle has arrived...






Where do I even begin...

On Monday, June 30th I was at home and thought my water broke - that's how our VERY LONG day started. We got to the hospital at 1:00pm and I was definitely in labor. I hadn't eaten or slept since 2am and was starving by the time we got to the hospital. Finally, after suffering through contractions during the Bachelorette (missed half of the show due to pain!) my doctor decided to put me on patocin to speed things up a bit. At about 4am it was time to start pushing and at 6:02 am on Tuesday July 1st...our baby Kathryn made her debut into the world!
(I was so excited AND so anxious to eat a hamburger!)


I can't even describe the feeling of holding her, looking at her, and just being close to her! I am so in LOVE with this baby and in an instant she has changed our lives. She's got a head full of dark hair and is a little peanut (so much for the doctors' predictions that she was going to be a BIG girl! Whew...I was thankful!). She weighed 6.15 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. People say she has my brown eyes and Milton's shape face - she's definitely a Greek baby!

We're all adjusting nicely at home - not much sleep of course but we just don't care! Dad has been a diaper changing rock star...and is the greatest help! They are so cute together and he is so proud.

Thank you all for your prayers and love! Kathryn can't wait to meet you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet her! I am thrilled for you both!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you....I can't wait to see you both. Thank God for your Precious Miracle & blessing. Love & Friendship, Nora

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! We're so very happy for you all, many prayers answered by the birth of this little girl.

Much love from BOTH of us
Grandma & Grandpa Morty ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Maria and Milton.... What a beautiful blessing. She is absolutely precious. I cant wait to meet her.

Maria, you look amazing too...like a true champ.

Hope to see you all soon
-Stephanie L. Shunnarah

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful little girl!!! I know that you and Milton are just so so proud!....and Maria you look wonderful!!

Jennifer (Parker) King

Shayne & Jason said...

Maria, I am so happy for you! Kathryn is so beautiful! At first I thought she looked just like you - but she looks a lot like her Daddy too!
Congratulations! You have been blessed and you deserve it!
Can't wait meet her!
Love - Shayne & Jason