Tuesday, March 4, 2008


This week I hit the half-way mark! I am 20 weeks pregnant and celebrated by going to a Girl's Night Out with a bunch of friends from church (most of whom all have children). As my friend Laurie (who is due 5 weeks before me) and I sat there listening to all of the girls' labor and delivery stories - it got very real! What also became very real is the fact that am I too pregnant to enjoy Girl's Night! While everyone was sipping their martinis and margeritas - I was yawning before dinner came.


Kathryn's nursery is well on it's way! My very sweet and talented mother-in-law is making Kathryn's bedding. My meticulous father-in-law is anxious to start putting up the chair rail and painting the nursery. My parents...well...their talents lay elsewhere. My Dad will probably bring Papa John's pizza on the nursery work days. And my Mom has been diligently shopping for Kathryn (she already bought her dresses with matching shoes!). Milton said, "Now I know where you get it from!". We train the girls young in my family!


The most exciting news happened last Thursday. I was on the phone with my Mom and watching American Idol when Kathryn must have really loved the contestant's performance because she started head banging or kicking in my belly. Milton had just come home and was able to feel her for the first time. It was AWESOME!


Finally, Milton and I are celebrating our 2 year anniversary today! We couldn't have asked for a better gift than this precious child!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you, Big Momma! Looking great! Nicole can't wait to see that cute belly!

Anonymous said...

Lookin' so cute! What a blessing for you and hubby.

"Mama Morty"

Anonymous said...

You couldn't possibly look any cuter!

Molly said...

She's going to be as musically inclined as her mother!