My meticulous side almost got the best of me! My brilliant idea of painting white on white stripes in the nursery wasn't as "easy" as some said it would be. And my poor father-in-law got the brunt of the work. He spent tireless hours putting up the chair rail, four hours measuring and taping the stripes and painting four coats to get the look I wanted. Alas, we finally have a finished product (and believe it or not, my father-in-law still loves me!). I just have to wonder now...will Kathryn even care that we're all pouring our blood, sweat and tears into this nursery? I think not!
My mother-in-law is finishing up the bedding and my Mom is finishing up the duvet. Slowly but surely this nursery is coming together. It's weird to come home and see a pink and white room! As if her constant movement in my belly and swift kicks to my bladder doesn't serve as a constant reminder...Milton and I just laugh when we see that pink room! We can't wait to meet her (but we know July will be here soon enough).
My mother-in-law is finishing up the bedding and my Mom is finishing up the duvet. Slowly but surely this nursery is coming together. It's weird to come home and see a pink and white room! As if her constant movement in my belly and swift kicks to my bladder doesn't serve as a constant reminder...Milton and I just laugh when we see that pink room! We can't wait to meet her (but we know July will be here soon enough).
And for those of you wondering...I haven't stepped foot back into Babies R Us! YIKES! I know I have to overcome my anxiety and head back into the jungle of bottles, nipples and play stuff but I'm just not ready yet! That's next on our list...
5 comments:
It looks beautiful! Well worth all the work. :o)
BRU is a scary, scary place. Stay away as long as you can. You'll find things there that you never knew you needed (and really won't ever need).
I love it! PERFECTO! The photo with the flash does not to the fabric justice. baby Kathryn will love it!
Wow....the room is looking beautiful and I love the fabric.
(my two favorite colors)
I am sure Kathryn will love it & appreicate all the hard work.
You look wonderful & so very happy! I am so excited for you.
Nora
So pretty! Your guys did a great job. Now all you need is that beautiful baby girl. Hugs to you!
Mama Morty
Post a Comment