I love all these new traditions involving pregnancy! The "Babymoon" and the "Push Gift" are of course two of my favorites! After all, a woman is quite deserving of being spoiled after she puts her body and emotions through nine months of utter turmoil, right?
Milton and I made a weekend get-away to Marco Island for our "Babymoon". Since I'm not allowed to fly I will admit the drive down wasn't the most ideal for a pregnant woman whose baby insists on using her bladder as a trampoline! But once we arrived at the resort it was spectacular. Milton and I enjoyed spa treatments and relaxed on the beach. Which of course brings up the maternity bathing suit issue! OH MY! That was....well....let me just say I made sure I didn't know anyone on the beach before laying out. Milton stood at the head of my lounge chair to lean over and give me a kiss. As he stood over me and looked down the chair at my body he said, "Oh my God! You're belly looks HUGE from up here!". Thanks! I reminded him that's the view I get all day long!
All in all, it was a great trip with a lot packed into it. We were able to have dinner with my dear friends John and Lois Paluzzi and their beautiful children Niko and Bella. And on Sunday (since it was Orthodox Palm Sunday) I went to church in Tampa with my cousins (our Koumbari, Pete and Donna and the rest of the family).
No comments:
Post a Comment